- Have been chosen for their genuine passion and innate connection to young people as well as their desire to effect positive change to the mental health and wellbeing of young people.
- Have undertaken our bespoke training programme created by our Training Consultant, Sarah Ashworth, from the Charlie Waller Trust..
- Have received clearance from Disclosure and Barring Service (enhanced check with barred lists)
- Receive safeguarding training which is refreshed annually
- Receive ongoing training to meet any emerging needs of young people
- Receive monthly 1:1 professional support from a trained Supervisor, accredited by BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
To read more about our individual mentors, please click here.
How it works
Mentoring for your school can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, who will discuss options with you. Once we have your school on board, we will ask the school or parent to complete a referral form for the student. If we are able to help, we will assign a mentor and arrange the first mentoring session with you.
In the first mentoring session, our mentor will introduce themselves and explain what our mentoring is all about, including how we manage confidentiality and safeguarding. They’ll seek to get to know the young person and gently explore what they might like from mentoring.
During subsequent mentoring sessions, our mentor will continue to build rapport with the young person and provide guidance and support to help them achieve their goals.
At the end of mentoring our mentor will review the process and discuss the next steps for the young person.