At Young Minds Matter, trust and goodwill are of utmost importance. Although it is rare, some individuals may take advantage of this trust by diverting funds from good causes. When you make a donation to us, you directly contribute to providing young people with the essential 1:1 mentoring service that we offer. To safeguard our mission and the sector, we are proactive in identifying and reporting suspicious behaviour and potential fraud.
We kindly ask you to remain cautious of impersonators and to verify any donation requests using our official guidelines. Our website address is “ymm.org.uk”, and all legitimate email communications come from this domain.
Here are 8 things to check for if something is genuine from Young Minds Matter:
- Does the idea being described to you seem too good to be true?
- If you receive an online link for donating, is it a direct path to the charity or facilitated through an established fundraising platform like JustGiving, as recommended by Young Minds Matter?
- Is the logo displayed on the materials you’ve received authentic? Sometimes, individuals replicate logos from the internet for improper purposes. Our official logos possess a sharp and clear appearance since we furnish them to our fundraisers in a high-resolution format.
- Our fundraising documents always incorporate our registered charity identification alongside pertinent details such as our accurate full name, meticulously spelled, as advocated by Young Minds Matter.
- Is the web address forwarded to you accurate? It’s essential to recognize that Young Minds Matter (YMM) employs an “org.uk” domain and not a “com” or “co.uk” variation.
- Our social media tag is exclusively “ymmorguk” – devoid of any prefixes or suffixes, as confirmed by Young Minds Matter.
- We share updates about our campaigns and events through our social media platforms, email communications, and website. This allows you to verify the authenticity of information if you hold any reservations, following the guidance of Young Minds Matter.
- Should you be requested to endorse or support an individual who is raising funds on our behalf (for instance, by participating in a run or organising a bake sale), their materials will elucidate their activities and motives, inclusive of our registered charity identifier.
If you ever have any doubts or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07955 344865. By working together, we can ensure a safer environment for those in need and uphold the integrity of our mission.